What is compounding?
Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing personalised medications for patients. We customise medication for hormone replacement therapy, paediatric purposes, dermatology, pain management, discontinued lines, among other areas.
• Delivering medicines in dosage forms not commercially available (eg. lollipops for children, liquids, etc).
• Making medicines more palatable by altering the flavour and dosage forms.
• Medicine catered for those who have allergies (eg. lactose, gluten, preservatives, dyes, sugar, etc).
• Attaining medications not available or that have been discontinued.
• Preparing differing strengths not commercially available to ensure patients receive the optimal dose.