* Herbs of Gold Activated Folate 500 contains Quatrafolic, a glucosamine salt providing 500mcg 5-MTHF.
* Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate that is metabolised in the body to produce 5-MTHF by the enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR).
* Quatrafolic demonstrates a high solubility in water which facilitates absorption by mucosal cells for further circulation in the blood.
* 5-MTHF is a good form for folate supplementation for people with lower activity of the MTHFR enzyme. It’s also a good alternative to folic acid supplementation as it does not mask vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms.
* Activated Folate 500 supports brain health, cognitive function and memory.
* Activated Folate 500 supports cardiovascular health by helping to reduce homocysteine levels in the body. It also assists red blood cell production and supports blood health.
* Activated Folate 500 supports healthy foetal development.
* Activated Folate 500 supports emotional wellbeing and helps prevent dietary folate deficiency.
Each capsule contains:
Levomefolate glucosamine (Quatrefolic®)
equiv. Levomefolic acid (5-MTHF) 500 micrograms
Does not contain egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nuts, animal products, gluten, lactose or artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Always read the label.
Vitamins and supplements are not a substitute for good nutrition or a balanced diet. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.