How to use
The Braun Touchless + forehead thermometer has been clinically tested and proven accurate when used in accordance to the instructions. Please refer to instruction booklet for full details and diagrams.
1. Remove cap.
2. Power on: press and release the power button. Backlight will come on and the start up sequence begins.
3. When the device is ready and correctly positioned, a horizontal line of dashes (“—–“) will appear on the screen.
4. Position device on, or up to 5cm away from the centre of the forehead, just between the eyebrows.
5. For No touch readings, the yellow guidance light will show you where you are aiming.
6. When the device is placed correctly, the screen displays a dashed line animation while it takes the reading. If the device is positioned too far away from the forehead it will prompt you to move closer by displaying a diagram and the numbers “0-5cm”. Slowly move the device towards the forehead until the dashed line animation (“——“) begins.
7. Press the temperature button (you can press and hold, or press and release).
8. After approximately 2 seconds, the display will the temperature, including the corresponding beeps and fever traffic light colour.
NOTE: you can silence the beep function in order not to wake a sleeping child – refer to instruction booklet for details
Tips for taking temperature
For best results the patient should be inside, away from direct sunlight for at least 30 minutes before taking temperature.
Remove any hair from forehead before measuring temperature.
Clean any sweat or dirt away from the forehead to improve accuracy.
Keep the patient’s head still – it can help to have them look at a set point in the near distance.
Hold the thermometer steady while taking temperature – no need to ‘swipe’.