Gentle, effective relief within 30 minutes
MICROLAX® Enema acts where it is supposed to act: in the rectum. The micro-enema is gentle, hygienic and hardly noticeable at all when inserted into the rectum because the round tube neck is thinner than a suppository.
The combination of active substances releases the water compounded in the stool, thus loosening up the stool. The result is predictable relief within 30 minutes, like a normal bowel movement.
The laxative takes action locally so it is unlikely to cause bowel habituation. MICROLAX® Enema is gentle acting and can be used for children under 3 years of age and pregnant women.
Each enema tube contains 5 ml of solution. This is equivalent to one teaspoon.
Each MICROLAX® Enema tube contains the following active ingredients: sodium citrate dihydrate 450 mg, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate 45 mg and sorbitol 3.125 g.
MICROLAX® Enema also contains glycerol, sorbic acid and purified water to 5 ml.
For further information please refer to pack insert.
How to Use Microlax
- – Twist off the cap and squeeze a drop of the solution out of the tube – that will make it even easier to insert the tip of the tube.
- – Sit down on the toilet in your usual position or just squat down a little and insert the neck of the tube completely into your rectum. The small rounded tip is thinner than a suppository, and can be inserted safely and painlessly when used as directed, even for children under 3.
- – Gently squeeze out the entire contents (only 5ml) of the tube into the rectum.
- – Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the tip from the rectum. Tighten your buttox muscles to prevent the solution from running out. Important: To allow stool to soften, it is important not to have a bowel movement immediately; you should wait at least 5 minutes.
- – There will be a gentle bowel movement within 30 minutes after use. It will likely be a normal bowel movement that can be controlled.
After use, dispose of the micro-enema – so easy and hygienic.
Tips for Use with Children Under 3 years of Age
MICROLAX® Enema is easy to use and gentle when your infant is in the usual position for nappy changing.
You should only insert the tube neck halfway (see marking on tube neck) and only squeeze half the contents into your baby’s rectum.
After squeezing in the solution, gently bring your baby’s legs together and press them on the changing pad to prevent the solution from leaking out.
Do not use if you are: – Allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the carton. Do not use if: – The cap is separated from the tube as it has been opened. Do not remove tube from carton until immediately before use.
Incorrect use could be harmful. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.