Normafibe Natural Fibre Granules 500G
NORMAFIBE is a fibre supplement used to maintain regular bowel movements. It can also assist in the management of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome.
NORMAFIBE contains sterculia (also called karaya gum), a natural fibre product. Sterculia swells up after contact with fluid. It is not fermented by bacteria in the gut.
Do not take NORMAFIBE if:
- – You have a blockage in your bowel (gut)
- – You have a total loss of muscle tone in the bowel
- – You have faecal impaction
- – You are allergic to any of the ingredients
Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
NORMAFIBE can be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side effects
Like all medicines, NORMAFIBE can cause side effects, but not everyone will get them. Possible side effects include:
- – Allergic reactions
- – Blockage of the bowel or oesophagus
- – Swollen stomach
- – Wind
Directions for use
- – Place the dry granules in your mouth, in small quantities if necessary.
- – Swallow the granules with plenty of water or other cool fluid, so that the oesophagus (gullet) does not become blocked. Do not take NORMAFIBE just before going to bed or lying down. Do not chew or crush the granules.
Adults: Take 1-2 heaped 5 mL measuring spoonsful once or twice daily after meals, or as directed.
Children (6-12 years): Take as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
If you do not have a bowel movement after taking NORMAFIBE for 4 days, stop taking it and seek medical advice.
The active ingredient is sterculia. The granules contain 62% sterculia. The other ingredients (present in the coating) are sodium bicarbonate, sucrose (sugar), talc, titanium dioxide, hard paraffin, and vanillin.
NORMAFIBE is gluten free.
NORMAFIBE is supplied as a 500 g pack, containing white granules. It is available over the counter at
Incorrect use could be harmful. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.